Re: Debian Presentation - license and salsa.debian.org

On 02/05/2019 16:23, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> I just noticed something -- the template your slides are using [2] is
> licensed under CC-BY-NC 3.0, which is consider incompatible with DFSG
> [1]. Is there any possibility to switch to a compatible one?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Boyuan Yang

Sure no problem

so something like this

 1. Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-by), v1.0
    <https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Creative_Commons_Attribution_License_.28CC-by.29.2C_v1.0>
 2. Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike
    (CC-by-nc-sa)
    <https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Creative_Commons_Attribution-Non_Commercial-Share_Alike_.28CC-by-nc-sa.29>
 3. Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike Generic (CC-BY-SA), v1.0
    <https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Creative_Commons_Attribution-Share_Alike_Generic_.28CC-BY-SA.29.2C_v1.0>

With regard to non commercial, I think this means people make money from
it, but would that also mean that people can't give a presentation and
be paid for doing so,  so would 1 and 3 be better.

I am happy to go with whatever is appropriate.

Paul