Re: Removal of Wheezy and Jessie (except LTS) from mirrors

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:43:46 +0100
Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> Except for the LTS part of jessie, none of wheezy/jessie should be used
> anymore, its out of security support.

 Yes, but most of users doesn't understand it properly and they were just
 confused with it. And it seems that such users use jessie as docker base
 image, so it was not seen from them.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 23:45:44 +0100
Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
> I think it was not a good idea to archive parts of Jessie more than one
> year before it is EOL. We have received several emails from users on
> debian-lts already who were surprised by the change. [1] [2] [3] Please
> send a heads-up to debian-lts before such interruptions happen or even
> better wait with the archiving until two months after a LTS release is EOL.

 "surprises" from "LTS" users are not good signal. Such users doesn't
 like changes ;)

 - Can we prodives oldstable-updates repo until its LTS EOL?
   Probably it's right thing to remove it at that time, but seems
   that the loss is larger than its benefit.

 - Removing oldstable-backports is good instead, if it can be
   provided with several termination announces from channels
   like mailing list, news, SNS, etc. How about the participation
   from publicity team? (CCed)

 We can do it better next time :)

--
Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp>