Re: Draft announcement for 8.11

On Thu, 2018-06-21 at 13:26 +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> El 20/06/18 a las 22:15, Adam D. Barratt escribió:
> > On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 22:35 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > > I've committed a draft announcement for Saturday's jessie EOL
> > > point
> > > release to the publicity-announcements repository.
> >
> > I'm debating the wording of the EoL paragraph, specifically:

> > made
> > by Debian's security and release teams, with support moving to the
> > LTS
> > team. See <url "https://wiki.debian.org/LTS";>;; for further
> > details.
> > Users wishing to continue to receive regular security support must
> > upgrade to Debian 9.
> >
> > The "regular security support" phrasing doesn't sit properly. It
> > was
> > intended to be regular in the sense of standard (although I don't
> > think
> > that really works either), but I can see it being read as "timely
> > security support", and don't really want this to be getting into a
> > discussion on the merits of LTS.
> >
> > Opinions on alternative words / phrasing, or indeed means of
> > sidestepping the issue, welcome.
>
> What about this (feel free to rewrite, or discard):

> made by
> Debian's security and release teams, with support moving to the LTS
> team.
> Users wishing to continue to receive regular security support should
> upgrade
> to Debian 9, or see <url "https://wiki.debian.org/LTS";>; for details
> about the
> subset of architectures and packages covered by long term support.

For the benefit of those who weren't following on IRC last night, we
went with:

no longer be producing updates for Debian 8. Users wishing to continue
to receive security support should upgrade to Debian 9, or see <url "ht
tps://wiki.debian.org/LTS">; for details about the subset of
architectures and packages covered by the Long Term Support project.

Adam