Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:44:08 +0100
From: Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org>
To: debian-publicity@lists.debian.org
Cc: Thomas Blein <tblein@tblein.eu>
Subject: help wanted for DPNhtml2mail.pl: deprecated encoding pragma with perl 5.26

Hi,

When preparing the announcement email for the point releases this
weekend, I encountered an issue with the script

	scripts/DPNhtml2mail.pl

in the dpn git repository of the team.
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/dpn.git/tree/scripts/DPNhtml2mail.pl

An error is occuring on line 103, because of the deprecated pragma:
use encoding "utf-8";

This is now a fatal error since Perl 5.26.

A workaround I could use is to replace this line by:
use utf8;

and execute the script with PERL_UNICODE=S environment variable.

However, I am not sure it is the best way to handle this.
Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Cédric

----- End forwarded message -----