Subject: Re: new iproposal: a specific OS for psychologist
Local Time: 10 October 2017 6:01 AM
UTC Time: 10 October 2017 04:01
From: adam.bogacki@clear.net.nz
To: Joost van Baal-IliÄ <joostvb-debian-science-20171009-3@mdcc.cx>, Fran ps <franps@protonmail.com>
debian-publicity@lists.debian.org, debian-science@lists.debian.org

Would it be possible to know specifically what Professor
Montero has in mind, and what Debian could add ?

Detailed specifications are likely to get a constructive
response.

I doubt if it is practical to create and maintain
discipline-based distributions.

One of the strengths of Debian is that it is like a Swiss
knife - a tool which can be applied to many problems.

Best wishes,

Adam Bogacki,
adam.bogacki@clear.net.nz

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Hi Fran,
>
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 01:43:19PM -0400, Franps wrote:
> > Hi, My name is Francisco Montero, I would like to ask
> you if it is possible to develop an OS based on Debian
> (similar to SkoleLinux/DebianEdu) specific for
> psychologist (both applied psychologist and researcher
> psychologist) built with a set of predetermine tools such
> as pspp (data analysis), neurodebian, zotero (citation
> manager), bibus (connection to data base provider) pgp
> > tools for confidential reports about patients,... I am
> psychologist and professor at University. I don"t know
> about programming, but I would help to search for the
> appropiate tools for an specific OS for psychologist
> > (asking partners, testing tools in debian packages...).
> Psychologists as other researchers usually depend on
> privative software to research and to improve the
> knowledge about human behavior and mind. We would love a
> > new Free Software OS based on Debian. Currently I am
> user of Debian Stretch and I think this would be a very
> useful OS to built an specific OS for psyhologist. I offer
> myself to contribute of topics related to psychology
> during the development process and the spread of the new
> > OS if this is released. Please, let me know your opinion
> > about my proposal. Thank you very much for yor
> attention.
>
> Your message will more likely get a reply when it"s posted
> at debian-science@lists.debian.org; the debian-publicity
> list is used to discuss how to deal with and manage
> publicity for Debian.
>
> I here do post your message at debian-science; you"ll
> likely get a more useful reply one of these days.
>
> Bye,
>
> Joost

Adam Bogacki

adam.bogacki@clear.net.nz

pub 2048R/E4E5BF4C [expires: 2016/04/22]
3863 A27B CB01 E57F C49A 2B57 A9E4 C5E7 E4E5 B4FC