Re: Interview With Debian GSoC Winners 2016 - itsfoss.com

at bottom :-

On 05/02/2017, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Shirish
>
> El 05/02/17 a las 12:05, shirish शिरीष escribió:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Published an interview with Debian GSoC Winners 2016 -
>>
>> https://itsfoss.com/interview-debian-gsoc-winners-2016/
>>
> I'll post a micronews about it, in the following hours.
>
>> Hopefully this would encourage more students to apply for GSoC and
>> Debian in particular.
>>
>> I do hope Debian gets more seats as well as more mentors this year :)
>>
> Me too! We'll try to cover GSoC and next Outreachy rounds in bits and
> DPN, as former years.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Laura Arjona Reina
> https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Dear Laura,

I actually want to do a post about Outreachy as well. While
researching on GSoC discovered outreachy in some ways could be better,
as IIUIC  then while GSoC happens once a year, Outreachy is a year
long activity.

Now if the above is true, then it happens 2-3 times a year, how many
students took part in Outreachy in Debian, under Debian mentors
tutelage ?

IIUIC, then outreachy is more expansive as it deals with both coding
as well as non-coding tasks too. Things like documentation would be
covered would come under Outreachy.

If you can share some URI/URL where I could find more stats about
Debian's involvement with Outreachy would be highly obliged.

I do know about the debian-outreach mailing list, the content though
is scattered.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/

The only person I came to know who's doing something in Outreach is
Urvika Gola and that too because she puts up blog posts which are
pulled in via p.d.o.

If I can get some more background information and people who were part
of Outreachy and Debian's contributions in it (getting more students
and mentors together) would make another post for Outreachy too.

If there are any concrete plans of expanding/having more mentors for
Outreachy too, please share that as well so will be able to share more
of that.

Looking forward to learning more.

--
          Regards,