Re: Debian Project News submission: pkg-emacsen

Hello Paul,

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 11:31:27AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Sean Whitton wrote:
>
> > The intersection of people who know how to make Debian packages and
> > people who use Emacs Lisp addon packages is significantly larger than
> > the current active membership of the Emacs Lisp addon packaging team.
> > Since our tools have improved a lot lately, I'd like to post a call for
> > participation to the next edition of DPN.
>
> Is the aim here to grow the team or to encourage users to switch from
> package.el to Debian elpa-* packages? The former might be more
> appropriate for DevNews and the latter for DPN. The currently proposed
> text appears to be about the former rather than the latter.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

Grow the team /by/ persuading people to switch to elpa-* packages, and
realise that there aren't very many of them yet ;)

I'd like to put this in DPN because I'd like to recruit from a wider
audience than people already maintaining packages.

--
Sean Whitton