Re: Draft for Debian Project News: Free FPGA programming with Debian

Hi Steffen

El 03/09/16 a las 10:17, Steffen Möller escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> This is my very first attempt to spread some information with
> the Debian Project News. There text is here:
>
> "FPGA are increasingly popular for data acquisition, device control and
> application acceleration. Debian now features a completely Free set of
> tools to program FPGA in Verilog, prepare the binary and have it
> executed on an affordable device. See
> http://wiki.debian.org/FPGA/Lattice for details. Readers familiar with
> the technology may rightly guess that this refers to the yosys package
> together with berkeley-abc, arachne-"Place-and-Route" and the icestorm
> tools to communicate with the device. We hope this effort to support the
> FPGA community to collect an increasing number of skills to further
> smoothen the Open Source experience and lower the entry barriers for this
> tantalising technology."
>
> Is this text sufficiently clear? I was sponsoring the packages and the
> maintainer has seen this little write-up and agreed to spreading it
> with the DPN.

Thank you very much!
This is great news and I think we can (should!) publish a blog post in
bits.debian.org with the info you sent. We would link to it in the
next DPN, too.

I've committed a draft adding some links to your text:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/bits.git/tree/content/2016/fpga-debian.md

Would you like to have a look at it?

I've added a line crediting the maintainer (but I don't know who is
(s)he!) and you for the packaging/sponsoring work, and the Debian
Science team (not sure about this point, in the packages it says
Debian Science Maintainers).

OTOH, if you can add a photo of a board or any image you find
interesting, that can be published with the MIT or GPL license, that
would be awesome.

All Debian Developers can commit directly to the bits repo in git:

ssh://git.debian.org/git/publicity/bits.git

Or you can send patches or comments to the -publicity
mailing list and I'll commit them.

Thank you again for your work in FPGA and for taking the time to write
about it!

Best regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina