helping the team: some easy taks

Hi,

Are you lurking and you don't know how to help? The following ideas are pending
items, that we think would be easier for a newcomer with a bit of time.
If you want to help and you have any question, join #debian-publicity in
irc.oftc.net and ask :)

# Update the Debian Timetime

The debian time line is hosted in git:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/debian-timeline.git/

Inside the directory "data" you can find a bunch of text files where the data
is added. For example:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/debian-timeline.git/tree/data/events/voting
is missing all the votes since 2014.
If you don't have git access (you need to be a DD or be in the alioth group),
you can send a patch to the list.

# Wiki page in how to unsubscribe from Debian Mailing lists

Some people subscribe to Debian announcement lists, such as debian-announce@,
debian-news@, debian-security@ etc and later they want to unsubcribe and don't
remember how. Often, they end up mailing to the Debian person who sent the
announcement email and when you get a few requests is a bit annoying.

Having a wiki page with the detailed steps, and maybe a couple of screenshots,
on how to unsubscribe would be a great improvement to reply to this kind of
emails.  It would also offer the possibility to add translations in the wiki
and would be easily picked up by search engines.

# Help with press coverage wiki pages

There is a wiki page in the Debian Wiki where we try to track press coverage
about Debian. This is the page for this year:

https://wiki.debian.org/PressCoverage2016

As you can see, we need help adding links :-)

# review DPN: typos and dead links

Every time a DPN is ready to be sent, there is a call for review and
translations. For example:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2016/07/msg00015.html
Do not hesitate in taking a look and send your suggestions!

Cheers,
Ana