Re: [RFR] drafts/debconf15_attendeeimpressions.txt

Hi

On 10 de octubre de 2015 10:19:46 GMT+02:00, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
>also sprach Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2015-10-09 23:44
>+0200]:
>> Following the experimental workflow 'a la i18n', attached you can
>find a
>> "news item" that I think it's ready for publishing, hence this RFR
>> (request for review).
>
>Dear Laura, it's impressive how quick you took this on. An idea is
>only ever just an idea, the real work starts when trying to
>implement it. Thanks a lot for your initiative!
>
>> IDEA:
>> DebConf15
>>
>	https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/FinalReport/AttendeeImpressions
>>
>> STATUS: [RFR](larjona)
>
>I'd probably suggest to opt for a parseable format straight away,
>e.g. RFC822-like like we use for e.g. debian/control, or maybe
>there's an even better format suitable for i18n?

I searched about RFC822 and found that it's the mail message format, but couldn't find anything else quick and clear, so I just invented something, expecting corrections from other people.

In translation teams we just use specific subjects to state the status: e.g "[RFR] wml://name/if/file.wml" would set a line in the coordination page stating that the "file" is in RFR status and I am the responsible (link to my mail in the archive) but nothing else (we don't use specific format or commands in the body, and the file itself is attached but there is no other processing). I know that there is a robot that processes the mails, but nothing else.

I suppose you are referring to the control emails that we send, for example, to the bug tracking system, which have commands in the body etc. I can polish and define the format/commands that I invented, but maybe it's better if you (or anybody) transform any of my emails to the  822 format you have in mind, and show.

>> DPN-RFR:
>>
>> <toc-add-entry name="internal">Internal
>News/Happenings</toc-add-entry>
>
>Are you proposing to maintain translations in the same file?

I think that most of us know how to write in all the required "languages" (the dpn language which is wml, the bits language which is markdown, the pump language which can be plain text or markdown, the microblog language which is max 140 chars and hashtags). And the text from one "language" is reusable very quickly for writing in the others (copy, paste, and some quick changes), so, for the manual "translations", I decided to keep a single file for news-item. If we find an error (for example, link is wrong, or typo), like this (single file) it's easier to (manual) fix it for every channel.

 For the website (www.debian.org) we have things like smartchange.pl but I couldn't write a similar script so I tried to come out with a workable workflow with the tools I know.

Best

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.