Re: Using i18n frameworks for a common workflow

also sprach Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2015-10-07 17:38 +0200]:
> Main concern: I think where we get stuck is not much at
> 'translations' (writing the proper tweet or dpn paragraph or blog
> post) but on generating what would be the "source" (curating the
> IDEAS or incoming and adding the metadata). Maybe I'm talking from
> my point of view (my own limitations).

I have considered this angle, and all I can say is that I think
it'll solve itself. As soon as we have a team that can easily push
out news items into appropriate channels, then

  (a) not only will I (and others among us) feel motivated to enter
      all sorts of ideas into the queue (we'll need a rate limiter
      for Paul Wise! ;\) ), but
  (b) we'll also be able to offer to the entire project a single
      point of contact where to drop story ideas.

I think the main point at the moment why (b) is not really happening
and (a) is only happening rarely is because submission currently
kinda requires pushing things to the end, or it won't happen. Having
a workflow for this will probably make the process more reliable,
and once it's working (supply), then stories will come (demand).

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"there are more things in heaven and earth, horatio,
 than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
                                                             -- hamlet