Re: DPN: Debian System Administrators, What do you do?

also sprach Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> [2015-02-25 13:46 +0100]:
> Hopefully the information below is useful, if there is anything more we
> would suggest doing an interview, perhaps at DebConf.

Good idea. You might also want to reach out to James Bromberger
(CC'd) who at LCA2014 spent all of his time interviewing people:

  http://blog.james.rcpt.to/2014/01/18/linux-conf-au-2014-lca-tv/

Maybe James would be interested in coaching this or getting involved
even?

But of course, this is like reaching for the stars when all you
suggested was borrowing an astrology book from the library. Just
wanted to convey that I thought the idea of interviews would be
really cool and it's a great addition to a conference with
presentations, panel discussions, lightning talks and a hallway
track.

If this were something you'd want to pursue, please talk to me ASAP
as I'd love to try to help include this in the budget for DC15.

> An ongoing project is to replace our current old LDAP web/mail
> frontend with a new one based on Django.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA/UserdirLdapRewrite

Sweet! Maybe this could be the basis for the integration of DebConf
into Debian infrastructure…?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org