Re: m68k port clears its Needs-Build queue

On 02/16/2015 01:10 PM, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> The m68k port cleared the Needs-Build queue for sid packages today:
> http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/Needs-Build_stats.png
> So, congratulations!

Thanks. I'm also quite proud of the graph for sh4, managed to get
over 2500 packages to build on the buildds and I am closing up to
get the build percentage back to 90%!

> Maybe one of the porters could explain the actual significance of this
> (I think it's not exactly the first time?);  and the overall status of
> the port, to debian-publicity@ and/or a blog post via Planet Debian?  Or
> even just to me since I was curious enough to ask.

Good idea, but I think we should rather wait until we have gotten above
9000 or even 10.000 built packages. There are still many packages that
need to be fixed.

> I guess now the emphasis is on packages that FTBFS so that the >2000
> BD-Uninstallable packages can be built next.  However there are too many
> to be listed on here:
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/architecture.php?a=m68k&suite=sid
> so it's not clear which are most important, or have the most dependent
> packages waiting on them.  Is there a better list for anyone who might
> want to help with porting?

A good starter is too look at the packages in Failed state as these are
packages that fail to build from source reproducibly.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz