adopting debian-timeline

Hi all,

Chris Lamb, the current maintainer of timeline.debian.net and
debian-timeline has requested adoption of these. I proposed that the
publicity team might be the best team for that and some folks have
already expressed interest in helping out.

We have moved the debian-timeline git repository to alioth already:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/debian-timeline.git/

The debian-timeline package needs adopting. I propose to put the
publicity team in maintainer and I can do uploads for the publicity team
folks who are mostly not Debian members.

I have been adding events to debian-timeline monthly and plan to
continue that once I've committed my local backlog.

The timeline.debian.net hosting will move to Debian's static site
hosting service, as a Debian sysadmin I will work on that.

https://dsa.debian.org/howto/static-mirroring/

I hope others will be willing to help work on the backlog of TODO items
and the bugs reported to the BTS. I hope others will be willing to add
events more often than monthly.

The timeline wiki pages will need to be adjusted to reflect the status.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/Timeline
https://wiki.debian.org/Services/timeline.debian.net

--
bye,