Re: Making Debian users more visible

Hi *,

On 07/14/2014 08:31 AM, Laura Arjona wrote:
Hi everybody

El 14/07/14 13:16, Silvia Frank escribió:
I agree about the place, but I would call that link "Who's using Debian?" (the title of the page). "Debian users" looks confusing to me (if I'm a Debian user looking for help desk, I would probably click there), and "Debian deployments" also suggests documentation for sysadmins wanting to deploy Debian IMHO.

Agreed. Perhaps something like "Debian Use" or "Debian Worldwide"? Or we just provide the actual information for the link content with "Organizations using Debian" and "People using Debian". I personally don't think the dates of use or deployment are that important at the start of showcasing who and where Debian is being used. If needed a followup to a company or individual can be sent to see if they are still using Debian. As the section becomes more prominent and new testimonials arrive those can be dated.

I'm not sure if it's ok to highlight certain deployments just because they recently sent a mail to us, in any case I wouldn't call it "Fresh deployments". Maybe "Recent testimonials"? I'm not sure, since they are not "testimonials", "recomendations"... "Recent submissions" gives machine-feeling, not human touch. I'm not native English speaker so I'm afraid I cannot help better on this.

I think testimonials is fine, it is after all people/organizations testifying about their use of and in use Debian systems.

Best Regards,

Donald