Re: Report from Cambridge Mini-DebConf for the DPN

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:03:32AM +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

>Dear Steve,
>
>We would like to write a short report about the Cambridge Mini-DebConf in
>the next issue of the Debian Project News. As an organizer of the
>Cambridge Mini-DebConf, I was wondering if you already sent a report to a
>Debian mailing, which could be used as a reference. If not, could you
>send a short paragraph to debian-publicity@lists.debian.org with some
>facts (number of participants, result of the various sprint sessions)?
>I saw there is the detailed schedule on the wiki page. Are the videos
>already available somewhere?

Hi Cédric,

I've just blogged the following:

=========

We successfuly ran our mini-conf last weekend. We welcomed roughly 60
people to the ARM offices in Cambridge over the 4 days.

We started off with two days of sprint time, set aside for focussed
hacking. We had a selection of ARM development boards on hand that
people were playing with, plus a number of other people working on
various other projects. The sprint sessions also saw some lively
discussions on a couple of topics: the status of the ARM ports in
Debian and automated system testing.

Saturday and Sunday saw us move over to the more traditional style of
conference session. Two full days of talks covered a wide range of
topics: system testing to git tools, Debian ftp team work to
bootstrapping the new arm64 port, improving ways of tracking and
crediting Debian contributions to dealing with the new world of
UEFI. Several volunteers from the DebConf video team were on hand too,
so our talks were streamed live and recorded too - look out for them
online soon!

The mini-conf went well and feedback from attendees was universally
positive, so we're already planning to run another similar event next
year and maybe even apply to host a full DebConf in Cambridge soon
too. :-)

Many more details about the conference are in the debconf wiki at
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Miniconf-UK/2013 . Thanks to the
sponsors who helped to make it all happen: ARM, Boston,
Open@Citrix/Xen and Codethink/Baserock.

=========

We don't quite have the videos ready yet, but hopefully they'll be
online soon. :-)

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"