Re: Call for merchandise announcement ready. Please review and translate.

On 2013-02-27 06:47, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
[please reply to debian-publicity mailing list]

Hi,

we just finalize the "call for merchandise" announcement, to be sent out
on Friday 1st.
Reviews and translations highly appreciated :)

You can find, as usual, the draft on the publicity repository, even via
HTTP:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/2013/20130301.wml?view=markup

You can find more information on how to translate publicity announcement
here:
http://wiki.debian.org/News/HowToTranslate

Thanks in advance,
Francesca

Thank you Francesca and everyone. I have one remark on the announcement:

The Debian Project is pleased to announce that, according to the terms of
the <a href="">new trademark policy</a>, Debian
logos and marks may now be used <a href="">freely</a>
for both non-commercial and commercial purposes.

What does it mean to state that a trademark may be used freely? The trademark policy has usage restrictions. I'm not sure readers will understand the new policy correctly with that statement.

In any case, Debian logos are trademarks.