Re: New version of DPNhtml2mail.pl

Hi,

Le 03/05/2012 19:04, Thomas Blein a écrit :

> here is a new version of DPNhtml2mail.pl

That's great, thanks a lot! Those improvements will make our life a lot
easier, so I just committed it (r3684, only removing “# Correction of
indentation of the script” from the changelog, thanks for that too: it
helps to figure out what the actual changes are).

> Feedbacks are welcome,

There are so many better things, I can't count them all, so I'll just
focus on some remaining bits. While testing on the last French DPN issue
(2012/09), we can still spot some bugs:

- incorrect handling of some links (e.g. “unautre” l.72 or “donnéun”
	l.88);
- missing newline after a list (e.g. events l.158 or only one newline
	after the NNWP, l.282);
- incorrect handling of <acronym> inside <a> (e.g. “[35]UDD” l.198);
- incorrect handling of <q> inside <a> (e.g. NNWP nqp, l.264);

Other ideas, feature request (we already talk of some on IRC, all may
not be easy, but writing them down to remember):

- when a list (<ul>) follows a paragraph (<p>), push URLs from the
	paragraph after the list (e.g. [53] l.255 should be with [54]
	and friends l.272). It's already working fine, when a <p>
	follows a <ul>;
- make sure the [##] doesn't starts a new line (using an UTF-8
	non-breaking space before it maybe?), e.g. [34] l.185;
- don't wrap the list items, e.g. for NNWP: one per line is enough,
	even if the line is longish (at worst, we'll rule out packages
	with too long “short” description ;-).

I almost asked you to remove the “mailto:”; from the URL if it's a mail,
but that one was so easy I was able to fix it myself (r3685).

Since you already have write access, you shouldn't hesitate to commit
your further improvements directly (we can still review the code a
posteriori, and come back to a previous state easily: it's a VCS). It's
even better to do one commit per single fix or improvement (less lines
to review, and it's also easier to revert, or understand, especially if
it triggers another bug later).

Regards

David