Re: Communication on Debian Science Was: (Re: New Debian Science metapackages (Was: debian-science_0.16_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable))

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:45:50AM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le mardi 17 avril 2012 à 22:03 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

Fully ACK!

> You are right. We suck at PR.

Yep.

> This sounds as great ideas. Count me in!

You might have noticed my mails about debian/upstream files about adding
publication information to the tasks pages.  I'd regard this as one PR
item and I would like to add more debian/upstream files step by step.
Debian Med Biology task is quite good covered and once I'm trough all
remaining issues I will make some more noise about it.  IMHO showing
scientists that we care about their publications might be some big plus
for Debian (and in turn Google might find our pages better ;-)).

Another means might be to do some Debian Science Blog as we do for
Debian Med[1].  I try to issue an article about every month (at least
every second month).  We also have some "responsible person" for
twittering a bit (but the person needs some kicking ;-)).  I also used
to G+ the Blog postings and other things.

Finally we do have the Debian Publicity team (in CC) which might help us
a bit in our poor attempts.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://debianmed.blogspot.de/