DPN workflow (was: Debian Project News 2012/07 frozen. Please review and translate.)

Le 31/03/2012 15:36, David Prévot a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Le 31/03/2012 04:36, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
>> On Sb, 31 mar 12, 01:59:20, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
>>> [TL;DR: frozen means frozen. we'll not accept major changes not
>>> grammar/spelling/style related. if you want to join the fantastic process
>>> of draft DPN, do it *before* the freeze. Thanks for understanding.]
>
>> Do you think it would be possible to get a few days heads-up on the
>> proposed freeze date?
>
> you can expect a freeze on the Friday preceding the issue

Looking back at my previous message, I realize it could have sounded a
bit rude, sorry about that. In order to be a little more constructive,
let me share some thoughts we recently had while discussing the
publicity workflow (those are mainly if not exclusively Francesca's
ideas, who is taking care of mostly if not all the DPN work these days,
so she may correct if needed).

In order to write smoothly the DPN, we could really better share the
work: it's OK to write and organize the last missing bits the Friday
before the issue, but it's less effective if we write it all at the last
minute form scratch. We add some TODOs when we see DPN material during
the two weeks, but we are not really good to draft stuff before the last
Friday, even if some people actually replied to the recent call to help
the publicity team. Maybe should we have a regular (short) IRC meeting
once every two weeks (the weekend we don't actually send the DPN), in
order to share the TODO items of the DPN and of other publicity fronts.
Any thoughts about this proposal?

Also, as suggested in the wiki [1], subscribing to the repository
commits list [2] can be a very good indicator of the activity,
especially for those who are not following on IRC (it also helps to
avoid reverting improvements made by other reviewers for consistency).

  1: https://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute