call for Debian artwork for Wheezy - redux

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:33:43AM +0100, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> I'm grateful for your excellent Debian artwork, thanks! Here's a first
> draft of a "call for proposals" for artwork for Debian's Wheezy
> release;
>
> ---
> An important part of any operating system is its look and feel. Debian
> is no exception. If you've ever wanted to influence the look and feel
> of an operating system now is your chance. The Debian Project is
> calling for contributors to design graphics for the next release of
> the Universal Operating System called Wheezy. If you would like to get
> involved, visit this wiki page to get started:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Wheezy
>
> You'll see what the requirements for submitting artwork are, as well
> as a form to submit your own work to Debian. You can send questions to
> the "debian-desktop@lists.debian.org" mailing list if you have them.
>
> Thanks very much and everyone looks forward to seeing your work!
> ---

Dear -publicity team,
  given that apparently nobody was in charge of organizing the artwork
collection for Wheezy [1], I've tried to help out a bit on -dekstop.  It
now seems we've consensus on proceeding with the call for artwork.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/01/msg00001.html

Can someone from the publicity/press team help us out with finalizing
the text of the call, starting from the excellent draft above already
provided by Jeremiah?

Here are a few thoughts / suggested changes on the above:

- also mention #debian-dekstop on irc.d.o as a contact point

- maybe anticipate that the requirements are at
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Requirements even though
  it is spelled out at wiki.d.o/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Wheezy? (not sure
  about this one)

- should we add a deadline (e.g. 2 months from now?) we will probably
  have to extend it, but I've the impression knowing there *is* a
  deadline might motivate people in participating ASAP, rather than
  waiting the very last minute

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Cheers.