Re: Extremadura CIO plans Debian rollout on 40,000 desktops

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 08:10:10AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Extremadura-CIO-plans-Linux-rollout-on-40-000-desktops-1419281.html

The author of [1], mailed me a pointer to his article yesterday.
[1] seems to be the main source for the above article on h-online.

TBH, it seems to me there is no real news in addition to what we've
already discussed on this list. The source for [1] is [2], dated
31/12/2011, which was the source for our past discussion. No new
information on sight.

Despite the title of the joinup article, there is no clue about what
will be the distro of choice after LinEx, nor what would really happen
to the LinEx development team.

Cheers.

[1] https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/news/extremadura-move-all-its-40000-desktops-open-source
[2] http://www.publico.es/ciencias/414698/extremadura-abandona-linex