Re: How to track non-uploader contibutions? [was: "welcome" part in DPN]

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Francesca Ciceri wrote:

> I thought a little bit about it and I think that we could at least try to
> elaborate a poc on how to track non-uploader's contributions, in order to
> finally welcome them as well (and probably to have a more accurate view
> of the Debian project).

Thanks for starting this discussion.

> First of all: who are the non-uploading contributors?
> I can think mostly (yes, I'm biased here) of translators, but there are
> at least also documentation writers, artists (web/graphic designers), ...
> (help me here, I'm sure there are others!).

Bug reporters (probably easy to spot)
Bug triagers (hard to spot)

> All these contributions are coordinated by the l10n-$language team, often
> through a team coordinator.

I don't think that is the case for the wiki?

> 4. wiki.d.o → usually in order to translate it you need to create a new
> page named LANG/$pagename, so we could found easily who translate what :)

This is pseudonymous, people often use wiki usernames that are not
their real names. The RecentChanges RSS feed should catch most
translation changes.

--
bye,
pabs