user events@debian.og
usertags 571958 + events-hardware
usertags 627163 + events-hardware
usertags 683706 + events-hardware
usertags 686786 + events-hardware
usertags 691922 + events-hardware
thanks

Hi Per!

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:23:45 +0100, Per Andersson wrote:
> I skipped plymouth, I don't think the spacefun theme is in wheezy.
> (And I don't want to use a ubuntu theme.)

Ah, yes, exactly, wheezy should use the Joy theme, but see:

  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=680583>

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:01:49 +0100, Per Andersson wrote:
> It still hangs on iso-scan of /dev/sda3 (the extended partition). A
> wild guess is
> that iso-scan can't handle it correctly, last thing in the logs state that it is
> waiting for /dev/sda2. (Is this a bug in iso-scan, being confused about how to
> handle extended partitions?)

You have probably hit (which seem to be the same bug):

  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=627163#60>
  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=683706>
  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686786>
  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=691922>

Or even something similar:

  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571958>

> Can I prepare /dev/sda3 somehow?

Well, there is no point in preparing it, because anyway partman will
play with it at the next cycle.

My suggestion would be to use previous debian-installer hd-media images,
the Debian Events Box was used at FOSDEM 2012, thus images from that
period would work.  I do not have access to that machine right now, but
I do tomorrow, so if you do not find anything useful, I can always
upload them somewhere.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca