Re: a different workflow for DPN?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Paul Wise wrote:

> After some discussion on IRC, I realise we need a different structure
> here. We specifically need to get rid of "current" and instead use
> dpn/YYYY-NN.LL.wml or maybe dpn/LL/YYYY-NN.wml. This way translators
> can be behind and we will know exactly which ones are missing instead
> of having to guess what "current" means in the context of that
> translation.

I've now moved the files around to use the new layout
(dpn/YYYY-NN.LL.wml since I got no feedback). The new layout also has
the advantage that we can work on both the current edition and the
next edition at the same time.

Not sure who committed the Italian translation for DPN 2012-19, but it
needs to be sent to the debian-news-italian mailing list and moved to
the webwml repository.

I'll implement the release script soonish, probably in python. If I
don't do that before the next edition, here is the general procedure
it will follow:

Convert the current edition and translations to mails, send them to
the relevant lists, add them to the webwml repo and delete them from
the publicity repo.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/

Copy the English template to the the next edition.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise