Re: Upcoming BSPs announcement: please review and translate

On 2012-02-14 07:28, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
[please reply to debian-publicity@lists.debian.org]

Hi all,

I've just finished to write the draft for an announcement about upcoming
Bug Squashing Parties to be sent out tomorrow (yes, I'm sorry to give you
so little time).
I'd really appreciate reviews and translations.

The announcement is available, as usual, on the Publicity subversion
repository at publicity/announcement/en/drafts/wheezy-artwork, or via
HTTP at:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/2012/2012-02-15-BSPs.wml

Thanks in advance,
Francesca

Thank you Francesca. Here are some remarks:

The Debian Project is pleased to announce that in the next few months
Bug Squashing Parties (<q>BSP</q>s) have been organized in several
countries.

I find the tense very strange.

The Debian Project is pleased to announce that in the next few months
Bug Squashing Parties (<q>BSP</q>s) will take place in several
countries.
would be less strange.

The main focus of a Bug Squashing Party is to triage and fix bugs,
but it is also an opportunity for users less familiar with the BTS
to make other contributions to the Debian project, such as
translating package descriptions or improving the wiki.

Surprising! I think it would be helpful to link to http://wiki.debian.org/BSP which contains a description of what we call BSPs.
This event will be also an opportunity for new
potential contributors to meet Debian Developers or Maintainers.

It's not clear how a potential contributor can be new, I'd just drop the "new". Also, this phrasing makes it unclear that "Debian Maintainer" is jargon. I would prefer "to meet Debian Developers or Debian Maintainers".