Re: Mini-DebConf Canceled

Hi there!

information, but IMHO this is a debian-publicity@ "problem".  Please
keep the events@debian.org address in the loop.  Also Bcc:ing the
original recipients.

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:50:03 +0200, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> I regret to say that Thailand Mini-DebConf 2011 has been canceled.
>
> Thailand has faced a biggest flood in decades this year, and it
> has now hit Bangkok. Although inner Bangkok is anticipated to
> be spared, our venue is in a risky area. And the total water
> mass is estimated to take weeks to drain out to the sea.

Theppitak, thank you for the notification, I am sorry to hear that and I
hope things will be better in the near future.

I do not really know how to properly announce this from the Debian side:
should we send a press announcement, given that the event was listed on
the Debian website [1] and that other sites could have added it to their
calendar (hey, LWN [2])?  Or should we simply live with the notification
I added [3][4]?

[1] <http://www.debian.org/events/2011/1116-minidebconf-thailand>
[2] <https://lwn.net/Calendar/>
[3] <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/events/2011/1116-minidebconf-thailand.wml?r1=1.2&r2=1.3>
[4] this time I thought about using smart_change.pl, but the changes
    were too obtrusive for it...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca