Re: Fund raising advertisement on the DPN (Was: [Publicity-commits] r2683 - /dpn/en/current/index.wml)

Hello Jeremiah Foster,

> On Oct 7, 2011, at 08:30, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Oct 2011, David Prévot wrote:
> >> It's the second time [1] such an advertisement reaches the DPN, and I
> >> don't find it suitable at all. I think it was a mistake the first time,
> >> and it would be a shame to consider the first error as a precedent. For
> >> the same reason we don't do sponsorship link in the official website
> >> main page, I believe we should not relay such campaign in the official DPN.
> >
> > I don't agree with you. It all depends on the goal of the project. Any
> > Debian-related project which has a goal to improve Debian (remember this
> > is about getting a DFSG-free Debian book) deserve a mention.
>
> I don't agree either. This is not an advertisement, this is notice of
> a book by one of the maintainers of dpkg.

1+

For my understanding, I find this kind of advertising very suitable.

> Any reasonable person would agree that Debian needs more high quality
> documentation in as many languages as possible. This project is
> clearly on the path to achieving some of those goals.

Right, but if I read the Website Ulule, the disavantage is, the ORIGINAL
VERSION was written in FRENCH, which makes it  very  hard  to  translate
even if I understand, speake and write MANY languages.

Documentation should be written always in english

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Straße 3                    Tel: +49-176-86004575 office
77694 Kehl                          Tel: +49-177-9351947  mobil
Germany                             Tel: +33-6-61925193   mobil (France)