Re: Fund raising advertisement on the DPN

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 06:24:41PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 06/10/2011 17:47, eof-guest@users.alioth.debian.org a écrit :
>
> > 'The Debian Administrator's Handbook' [done] (thanks buxy for the draft)
> […]
> > +then publish it under a free license. To be able to spend the 6 months of
> > +work required to complete this project, they are pre-selling the book
> > +as part of a fundraising campaign. You can <a
> > +href="http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-debian/";>pledge some money and
>
> It's the second time [1] such an advertisement reaches the DPN, and I
> don't find it suitable at all. I think it was a mistake the first time,
> and it would be a shame to consider the first error as a precedent. For
> the same reason we don't do sponsorship link in the official website
> main page, I believe we should not relay such campaign in the official DPN.
>
> 	1: http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2010/09/#free
> 	2: http://lists.debian.org/20110607065423.GB14116@upsilon.cc

Hello,

David, you are right, but one moment isn't clear enough for me. Do you think
that this part should be totally removed, or it should be just reworded? Would
it be fine to leave those link but write something like "to get more
information about this book you can get at <link>" instead of current text
for the link?