Re: Need your help for DebConf: Please summarise your session

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:30:20 +0200 (CEST), Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
> Dear Philip,
>
> I'm a member of Debian's Publicity Team and ask for your help for the
> coming Debian Conference.  At the past DebConf we sametimes faced the
> problem, that during a talk something got "announced accidentally" without
> proper announcement.  We'd like to prevent that for the coming conference
> and therefore contact you, as you registered a session titled
> "DebConf Travel Sponsorship".
>
> You would do us a great service, if you could contact us in advance if you
> are going to announce anything (e.g. a freeze of the archive, policy
> changes, new cool features).  A small summary would be most welcome, as
> well as some contact data.
>
> Even if you don't think you are going to announce anything, feel free to
> contact us anyway.  Better save than sorry, and we might use your data for
> further dents / announcements / whatever.

I don't think I'm announcing anything unexpected, since the main purpose
of the session isi only to see if we can come up with a way of
organising the sponsorship process so that we can start releasing funds
to people sooner.

It seems unlikely that this will generate a lot in the way of News.

Sorry.

Cheers, Phil.