Re: First draft of Debian Day announcement

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 01:00:40PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Thank you Francesca, here are my remarks:
>
> >The Debian Project, the team behind the free Debian GNU/Linux
> >operating syste, would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming
> >Debian Day which will take place on 24th of July 2011 at Banski Dvor,
> >Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina as first day of
> >the Annual Debian Conference.
> s/syste/system/
>
> >During Debian Day, the conference opens its door to anyone interested
> >in finding out more about Debian and Free Software, inviting enthusiast,
> >users and developers to a full day of talks on several subjects such as Free
> >Software in government, design and Free Software, Free Software advocacy
> >as well as a string of talks about the Debian project and operating
> >system.
> I would use "doors" instead of "door".
> s/enthusiast/enthusiasts/
>
> >After the<q>Debian Day opening plenary</q>  during which Adnan Hodzic
> >will welcome attendees, will be delivered, among others, the following
> >talks:
> This may be valid, but putting the subject after the verb is unusual.
>
> >More information about it, and a complete schedule, could
> >be found at<a
> >href="http://www.debianday.org";>http://www.debianday.org</a>.
> Shouldn't this read "*can* be found"?

Definitely :)

Justin has already applied your changes.

> Note that the capitalization of "Project" in "Debian project" is not
> consistent.

You're right: what you suggest about it (uppercase Project or not)?

Thank you very much for your review,
Francesca
--
<taffit> eof: when I want something | "Convince people with results,
done quickly, I don't wait for      |  rather than words"