Re: DebConf Events BoF? (was: DebConf upcoming, talk proposal, BoF after that)

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 02:53:33PM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Sun, 01 May 2011 15:26:29 +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I agree this is a must have, no matter how much we've advertised what
> >> -publicity does, how to use its "services", and how to contribute:
> >> repetita iuvant, we'll always find new ears for that.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> +1.
>
> And I took the opportunity to jump on it and ask from another publicity
> perspective: do we need an Events BoF as well?

Yep. In my opinion we need it to advertise the existence itself of the Events
team and to better organize our - ehm - strategies.

> I was planning to spend most of my DebCamp time working on "re-styling"
> the Events pages <http://www.debian.org/events/>, especially considering
> that the ones relative to how to host a booth (merchandising included)
> are a bit outdated.

Ah-ah! During DebCamp I'll work with the -www team, but I hope we could work
together on the /events/ pages. I've a lot of ideas to talk about with you and
Martin!
And, btw, what about creating a package "debian-events" or "debian-booth" with
all materials needed for a booth (i.e. stickers, sample of a general
talk/presentation about Debian - maybe a theme with debian logo for
presentations -, web banner, and so on)?

So, if you want to do a Events BoF I'll help you :)

Cheers,
Francesca

--
<taffit> eof: when I want something | "Convince people with results,
done quickly, I don't wait for      |  rather than words"