Re: Debian Project News 2011/3 frozen. Please review and translate.

On 2011-02-26 10:16, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
Hi!

We just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian
Project News to be released on Monday. I would appreciate reviews
and translations.

Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

Cheers,
Francesca
Thank you Francesca. Here are my remarks:
Almost two years after Debian 5.0<q>Lenny</q>  was released,<a
href="$(HOME)/News/2011/20110205a">Debian 6.0
Among other improvements, the completely free
Linux kernel now shipped in Debian has been<a
href="http://www.fsf.org/news/debian-squeeze-makes-key-progress-toward-being-a-fully-free-distribution";>\
welcomed by the Free Software Foundation (FSF)</a>.
This formulation seems to say that the removal of non-free parts from Linux is only one of the Squeeze improvements that the FSF welcomes. As far as I know there are no other improvements welcomed by the FSF, and if there are this paragraph doesn't give a clue about how to discover them.

Saying that a licensing improvement was welcomed by the FSF is also strange, the FSF itself shipping non-free parts in some software as "invariant sections". As far as I know the FSF doesn't even have any plan to change that, while at least Debian acknowledged the non-free firmware issue as a bug before it was solved.