DPN RC bugs statistics (was Re: Debian Project News 2010/16 frozen. Please review and translate)

On 2010-11-22 05:56, Justin B Rye wrote:
Filipus Klutiero wrote:
On 2010-11-21 18:56, Justin B Rye wrote:
[...] It seems to me that the
source of confusion here is that "Squeeze" is ambiguous between "the
packages we currently have in testing" and "the packages we expect
to release in Debian 6.0".  Not that there's any good reason to give
theupcomingreleaseDebian6.0Squeeze a namecheck in every paragraph of
every issue of DPN!

Maybe we could say:

    According to the<a href="http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi";>Bugs
    Search interface of the Ultimate Debian Database</a>, the upcoming
    release is currently affected by 200 release-critical bugs.

Any better?
No... that's the same. The upcoming release is in any case Squeeze, the
current testing. When Squeeze will release, it will be affected by 0
release-critical bugs. In its current state though, Squeeze has 271 RC
bugs. 200 would be the number of RC bugs in squeeze which are not fixed
[in unstable].
You insist on interpreting "the upcoming release" as the software
currently referenced in http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/,
rather than as the software we're currently on course to release as
Squeeze (some of which already has bugfixes incoming).  Oh well.
No, I was trying to explain that for either interpretation, 200 was wrong. The normal reading would mean 271, but the reading of "final squeeze" would mean 0 RC bugs (a very dull statistic). The set of packages that will be released as squeeze is unknown.
Why not suggest an alternative that expresses the idea in a way you
prefer?
At this point I won't express preferences. Anything valid that Alexander will like is fine.