Re: LWN article on ftp-master's job

On Monday 19 April 2010 21.34:42 Neil McGovern wrote:
[using lwn subscriber link for dpn ]

> A little late, but why not? The FAQ explicitly states it can be used
> like this.

Ok, that's great - next time then.  I'm surprised, though, that they allow
this, they *do* (try to) make money with lwn.

http://lwn.net/op/FAQ.lwn:
==
Where is it appropriate to post a subscriber link?

Almost anywhere. Private mail, messages to project mailing lists, and weblog
entries are all appropriate. As long as people do not use subscriber links
as a way to defeat our attempts to gain subscribers, we are happy to see
them shared.
==

cheers
-- vbi