Re: Naming people with title / function?

Hi,

On Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:53:40 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm just wondering if we should always add the "title" / their function
> when referring to specific people.  E.G. "Release Manager Adam Barrat
> sent Bits from the release team</a> [..]" instead of "Adam Barrat
> sent...".
>
> I'm not sure about that.  On the one hand, they from time to time make
> it more difficult to read sentences and add little additional
> information (Adam would have sent the bits from release team, if he
> wasn't a member of it, would he?).  On the other hand, adding the
> function to the name might help readers to instantly put the name in the
> correct box (so to speak), and make it "more official" (it's not a
> random DD saying something, it's a release manager, who said that).
>
> Any opinions or good arguments on that matter?

I would add their title/function. eg. Alexander Reichle-Schmehl could
have said something as spokes-person of the Debian project as well as
Debian FTP-Team member. So with which hat on did he say it now?

Greetings
Martin

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster