Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 21:31, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:

> On the dark side, the blog post comment
> interface of ikiwiki is still, IMHO, less usable than that of other blog
> engines (see for instance #579794, which is a usability pet peeve of
> mine).

I have to admit that I did not follow ikiwiki's development recently, but
one thing I feel that an official blog would need is proper linkback [1]
support. Last I looked, this feature was missing completely.

> Talking with Ana, she wouldn't like that and (IIRC!) would prefer to
> have a more standard blog engine a-la wordpress

Wordpress' security track record is less than ideal. What
advantages does it have over ikiwiki other than a management GUI?

Richard

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkback