Re: "Four days" promise for Debian Mentees

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Ma, 19 oct 10, 10:21:41, Justin B Rye wrote:
> > Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > > I thought only masters have disciples ;) and the online
> > > Merriam-Webster confirms the term.
> >
> > I've got to admit I'm not keen on the word "mentee" either
>
> Me neither, but "disciple" would have been even worse :)

At least it's not misleading. “mentee” implies the person is seeking a
mentor, when that's not what is being described.

Also, “disciple” has the advantage of being an actual word, unlike the
mis-conjugated “mentee” :-)

--
 \        “Sane people have an appropriate perspective on the relative |
  `\     importance of foodstuffs and human beings. Crazy people can't |