Re: Debian at FSCONS 5-7 November 2010 (Gothenburg, Sweden)

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 09:26:24PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> If there is an interest we can have a Debian meetup on the side. I think that,
> if some people are interested and will come, we could have a general Debian
> workshop at the conference for a few hours.

Hi Per, thanks for pushing forward this meeting :)

Still, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of *this* specific mail of
yours: there are various useful things that -publicity can do to support
the event, but you haven't mentioned any specific one.

For the *organization* part however, -publicity can't help much. If you
want to have a Debian nordic meetup at FSCONS, than someone will need to
organize it and I believe you'd be the best match for the task.

Once you've decided to have such a meeting and you have, dunno, a wiki
page with local information, subscription list, ... even a call for
paper; then at that point -publicity can help. For instance what this
list does is reviewing draft announcement for events and send them out
through the press team via debian-news and via the website.

But once more, to do that, people here need a draft announcement and
that in turn needs some draft organization.

Can you please clarify what this list can do for you *now*?
All the best for your Debian Nordic meetup!

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams