Procedure for announcements and events

Hi,

I posted an announcement draft for review on the list [0], got immediate
that I simply have to contact the press team to get it published. I did
that by emailing press@debian.org, but got no response for three days.
That is not much waiting, and I suspect everybody is simply busy, but I
also contacted events@debian.org and also got no response for six days
now.

Did I use the right channels?

Since this particular event already happens in about a month, maybe I
can do something to facilitate things? Are announcements processed in a
similar way as ProjectNews (SVN, WML)? Is there a similar repository for
Debian events?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2010/09/msg00111.html