Re: New Backports Suite created

[ cross post: -publicity/-backports ]

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:16:43PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  The Backports Team is pleased to announce the availability of a new
> suite on backports: lenny-backports-sloppy.  Please read carefully
> before considering using or uploading to it what this entails.

Great news, thanks to the backports team and ftp-masters for making this
possible!

I've just a question about announcing it to users. The current
announcement on d-d-a is great for devs, as they need to get the policy
of the new suite before actually using it.  At the same time, this is
something quite important to know for users as well, possibly with a
different wording (e.g. users don't probably care about knowing
who-should-upload-when rules).

Backports or -publicity people, how about preparing a user-targeted
announce targets at the official Debian News channel,
i.e. <http://www.debian.org/News/>.  I'm sure the item will also land
into next DPN, but I believe it deserves a user-targeted announce per
se.

TIA,
Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams