instructions for DDs (and "bits from ..." mail sought)

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 11:35:28AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I think the press team should make an announcment that they are alive and
> kicking and that they can help other DD reach an even wider audience for
> their announces if they cooperate with them. And in that announce you put
> the guidelines you just wrote.

[ Wow, this one has been around in my TODO list for quite a while now! ]

I've finally came up doing this, here is the wiki page with my draft
guidelines http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/DeveloperInformation
which I've linked from http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity (under
"interacting with the team"). Please review the text.

In addition to that, I've realized that Raphael was totally right. The
publicity team on this list is just great (as also observed/discussed at
DebConf10) and what we really need now is *publicity* about this team,
kind of meta-publicity :-).  On my side, I've "advertised" this team
quite a bit at DebConf10 and in my last d-d-a mail; I've been told that
some new people have recently joined this list and the #debian-publicity
channel.

From here on, we really need a mail posted to d-d-a making clear that
the team is alive and kicking and explaining how to interact with it and
how to participate.  I believe the guidelines I've drafted shall go into
that mail, since not using d-d-a properly is one of the main problem we
can solve that way. More generally, I'd use the d-d-a mail to attract
people interested in "Debian marketing" to this list and to
#debian-publicity.

Any volunteer to write a first draft of such a mail?
Then we can use the amazing review process of this list to finalize it!

Cheers.