Re: Debian Project News 2010/08 frozen, please review and translate

On 2010-07-24 05:11, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

I just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian Project
News to be release on Monday.  I would appreciate reviews and
translations.

Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

Best regards,
  Alexander

Thank you Alexander, here are my remarks:

Kartik Mistry announced a <a
href=""http://ftbfs.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/minidebconf-in-india/">http://ftbfs.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/minidebconf-in-india/">mini Debian
Conference in India</a>. It will take place on 7th and 8th of August in
Pune.  Topics on the agenda range from an introduction of the <q>univeral
operating system</q> to a discussion about <q>Debian community
activities</q>.  A bug squashing party is planed as well. More details
are available in the <a
href=""http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010">http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010">Debian
wiki</a>.
"univeral" is missing a "s" and "planed" is missing another "n".

Christian Perrier reported about the <a
href=""http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2010/07/19#di-squeeze-beta1-l10n">http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2010/07/19#di-squeeze-beta1-l10n">status
version has been translated into 65 languages, work for additional
languages is already on the way.  Christian also gave some tips on how
this beta may already be tested, although the packages haven't completly
migrated to Debian <q>Squeeze</q>, yet.
"completly" should read "completely".

Debian Project Leader Stefano Zacchiroli was contacted by Jonathan Nadeau,
who produces several podcast for the wider free software community, about <a
href=""http://upsilon.cc/%7Ezack/blog/posts/2010/07/debian_podcast_planning/">http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/07/debian_podcast_planning/">creating
a podcast about Debian</a>.  This weekly podcast should interview
someone, who refers about a Debian related topic.
The first "podcast" is missing an "s". "refers about a Debian related topic" doesn't sound good, I suppose this should read "refers to a Debian related topic".

Petter Reinholdtsen <a
href=""http://lists.debian.org/20100720124149.GF6444">http://lists.debian.org/20100720124149.GF6444@login2.uio.no">noticed</a>
that the number of submissions to Debian's <a
href=""http://popcon.debian.org">http://popcon.debian.org">Popularity Contest</a> (popcon for short)
is decreasing since some weeks.  Popcon is a system which anonymously
sends a list of installed software packages to Debian, which allows
Debian to prioritise their work (e.g. ordering of packages on installation
media).  Currently popcon isn't activated by default, so it was
discussed, if this should be done, and if there was a way to do that in
way not affect users privacy.
Something is wrong with this last sentence. "Debian to prioritise their work" should use "its" instead of "their". "[the number of submissions] is decreasing since some weeks" sounds wrong too, perhaps "has been decreasing for some weeks"?

Some of the ideas raised (beside others) where
"where" should read "were", "beside" is missing an "s" (but is that parenthesis really necessary?).

such as firmware files; it later turned out, that this has already been implemented
No comma.

improving Debian's webpage (especially the front)
I suppose this refers to the web *site*.

Raphaël Hertzog noted, that the <a
href=""http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/07/22/quick-news-dpkg-collab-maint-alioth-and-the-future/">http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/07/22/quick-news-dpkg-collab-maint-alioth-and-the-future/">upcoming
version of dpkg</a>, the core package maintainance tool, won't depend on perl
anymore thus making dpkg even more suitable for

The first comma is superfluous. "maintainance" is not a word, but I don't think this should read "maintenance" neither.  Probably "management".
embeded systems.
"embeded" misses another "d".

Giuseppe Iuculano <a
href=""http://www.iuculano.it/en/linux/debian/chromium-browser-vs-google-chrome/">http://www.iuculano.it/en/linux/debian/chromium-browser-vs-google-chrome/">pointed
some differences</a> between Debian's <a
href=""http://packages.debian.org/chromium-browser">http://packages.debian.org/chromium-browser">chromium-browser
packages</a> and google-chrome out.
"pointed" and "out" are very far away. Either "out" should be moved immediately after "pointed", or a Latinate verb should be used instead, for example "indicate".

According to the <a href=""http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php">http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php">unofficial
release-citical bug counter</a>, the upcoming release, Debian 6.0
<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by 348 release-critical bugs. Ignoring
bugs which are easily solved or on the way of being solved, roughly
speaking, about 152 release critical bugs remain to be solved for the
release to happen.
"citical" is missing an "r". The high number, 348, must be counting duplicate bug reports (the current number is 304).

There are also <a
href=""http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/#2010-29">http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/#2010-29">more detailed
statistics</a> as well as some <a
href=""http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/RC-Stats">http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/RC-Stats">hints on how to