Re: [Debconf-team] announce about debconf10 call for (monetary) help

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010, Pablo Duboue wrote:
>> We have several sponsorpacks this year, you can see them at:
>> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debconf-data/dc10/sponsors/#_dc10_sponsors_
>> there's plenty of material there than can be re-used for an announcement.
>
> thats great! but a friendly URL (http://debconf10.debconf.org/sponsors or even
> http://sponsors.debconf.org/) with content appealing (also) to non technical
> people would also be awesome. Most of the content can probably be taken from
> svn and that (coming) announcement :-)

Sure, if people feel that'd help :-)

I still have a backlog of sponsorship related things (among them
sending the Linux Journal ad:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debconf-data/dc10/sponsors/lj/lj-final.pdf
and contacting some leads we got) to do before looking into these more
exploratory items. So if anybody wants to write the announcement
and/or page, we can use as much help as we can get.

By the way, we send our potential sponsors more friendly URLs such as
http://www.debconf.org/sponsorbrochure.pdf

The question of whether to link the brochures directly from the site
or not has good arguments in both sides of the issue. So far we
haven't but that doesn't mean it can't be changed... (among those, the
fact that we have extra pages for different sponsor types).

P.