Re: LWN article on ftp-master's job

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 09:16:53AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
>> Neil, I don't think using SubscriberLink for a newsletter is a good idea.
>
> Neither do I.  IIRC lwn.net says something about using this feature
> sparely, or it will go away.  I wouldn't do that, without theit okay.

From their FAQs:

Where is it appropriate to post a subscriber link?
Almost anywhere. Private mail, messages to project mailing lists, and
weblog entries are all appropriate. As long as people do not use
subscriber links as a way to defeat our attempts to gain subscribers, we
are happy to see them shared.

Seems that people would see the wonderful quality of LWN after reading
the article and then subscribe :)

Neil
--
* stockholm calls netapp