Debian Project News RSS feed broken (and other imrovements)

Hi!

Al Nikolov (as well as others) have reported, that the RSS Feed of the Project News is broken: Links (and other HTML formats) are escaped like in the following example:

<description>Four Debian Developers are nominated in the currently running election for the Debian Project Leader: &#x26;lt;a href=&#x22;http://www.debian.org/vote/2010/platforms/zack&#x22;&#x26;gt;Stefano &#x26;lt;q&#x26;gt;Zack&#x26;lt;/q&#x26;gt;
Zacchiroli&#x26;lt;/a&#x26;gt;, [..]

I looked at dwn-to-rdf.pl but couldn't gain much from there. It seems to me, that XML::RSS does the escaping. Looking at the documentation I found no option to tell it to stop doing so. And so I reached the end of my quite spare perl and RSS knowledge. Does anyone else has an idea what might go wrong here?

Two other request regarding the rss freed have reached me so far:

1.) The web pages at http://www.debian.org/News/project/2010/01/ and http://www.debian.org/News/project/ should have a '<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="dwn" title="Debian Project News as RSS feed">' (or something similar) in their <head>. Again I have no idea, how to do that.

2.) Trackback support would also much appreciated (of that I'm not even sure if that can be done with our webpage...)

Best regards,
  Alexander