Re: Summary of the publicity BOF

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Meike Reichle wrote:
> 	planet.debian.org
> * We should aggregate debian-announce on planet.debian.org. Many people
> seem to take it as a general information source on Debian.
> * Many people post information about newsworthy things in their blogs,
> because they don't know where else to put it. A better news aggregation
> service (see above) should help this. Some also just don't want the extra
> work, it would be worthwhile to pick their news off planet and add them to
> the aggregation ourselves.
> * To this end there was a proposal to add a feature to planet.d.o and
> maybe also the mailing lists that provides a link that can be clicked in
> order to suggest a post to the news aggregation service.

Full ack on this. IMO we should really create a central news service that
aggregates:
- debian-announce / debian-news mails
- some cherry picked planet.d.o posts (maybe even from other blogs from
  time to time, there are some interesting stuff on planet.ubuntu.com for
  instance)
- maybe times.debian.net if it's not redundant with
  debian-announce/debian-news

I would be interested to help run/setup such a service although I don't
know what software could be used for this.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog