Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Le February 10, 2009 04:02:51 pm Alexander Reichle-Schmehl, vous avez écrit :

> Okay, I think I merged all the content related suggested by now as well
> as most spelling / grammatical improvements.  The current version is
> available on the named location.
[...]

> The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of
> Debian GNU/Linux version 5.0 (codenamed <q>Lenny</q>) after 22 months of
> constant development.
Wishlist: It could be noted that Debian 5 is our tenth release.

> AMD64 and Intel EM64T (amd64)
The name EM64T is deprecated. "x86-64 (amd64)" would do.

> Iceweasel 3.0.6 (an unbranded version of Mozilla Firefox)
"version of Mozilla Firefox" could be misleading. I'd suggest "a derivative of
Mozilla Firefox" or "closely based on Mozilla Firefox".

> MySQL 5.1.30
Hum, are you sure?

> Linux kernel version 2.6.26
Either "the Linux kernel, version 2.6.26", or simply Linux 2.6.26.

> Newly introduced packages allow the full support of
> NTFS filesystems and the use of most multimedia keys out of the box.
NTFS is not yet supported "out of the box". The Linux driver is still
(basically) read-only, only NTFS-3G allows real read-write.

> Support for Adobe&#174; Flash&#174; format files is available via the
> swfdec or Gnash plugins.
Note that swfdec is already in stable (Gnash *is* new, though it didn't
impress me much more than swfdec).

> bytecode interpreter, Classpath and other free versions of Sun's Java
> technology, into Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 allow us to ship Java-based
Wasn't this already the case with etch? Anyway, there should be no comma
between "technology" and "into".

> Debian GNU/Linux can be downloaded right now via bittorrent
"BitTorrent" is the proper capitalization.

Cheers,
Filipus Klutiero