Re: Call for opinions: slogan for the Lenny release ?

also sprach Fernando Cerezal <kryptos21@gmail.com> [2008.10.12.2140 +0200]:
> I suggest "Debian Lenny, Ready for you".

How exactly is Debian "ready for me"?

I don't oppose to marketing or publicity efforts. I think it's
awesome that there are people who want to do that!

However, we really ought to abstain from using empty words. Debian
lenny is not going to be any more ready for anyone than etch was or
squeeze will be.

We make the universal operating system. Why not keep that as our
Unique Selling Point? Instead of slogans, why not collect the facts
and let them speak for themselves?

"if I can't dance, i don't want to be part of your revolution."
                                                        - emma goldman