Re: Debian marketing team

Hi Andre,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:08 AM, AndreMachado
<andremachado@techforce.com.br> wrote:
> Maybe it is worth to coordinate efforts of Debian Publicity
> Team [0] efforts at [1].
> The DPN [2], Debian Times [3], PressCoverage [1] , DDN [4] pages
> may be useful to the Marketing Team efforts.

The publicity team's actions are defintely useful and needed for marketing!

> How could they be well coordinated?

I probably don't get the question right. I'd think the publicity team
is already quite well coordinated.

For coordination with marketing, or to define how publicity could or
should serve the marketing cause, the goals and strategies of
marketing should be stated more clearly, first. I believe marketing is
more than just "advertising" - and this understanding is very well
explained in this page: http://live.gnome.org/RealMarketing (linked
from the gnome marketing page you added to the wiki).

So I guess, the first steps to good (or better) Debian marketing would
really be the foundation of this team, statement of it's goals, and
development of strategies - if possible with the help of marketing and
brand experts, as I proposed in my last mail.
Only then, the interaction with the other teams (publicity, artwork,
translation, and not to forget development, as in the end, the people
who you are "selling/merketing" Debian to want working software) come
into play.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang